Some internal teams at Overstock.com wanted to experiment with adding videos of products to their on-line catalog, and so they approached us to build a solution. We architected and built an in-house video portal, and example Flash-based widget, that would allow them to upload, transcode, and manage a library of video content, along with then embedding the player in their catalog pages for video playback. The entire solution was built and delivered in less than 4 weeks.
- basic user management system
- multiple file upload capabilities
- video library management with titles, descriptions and tagging
- scalable, distributed background transcoding of video formats
- creation and management of static and dynamic video playlists
- video widget placement and content association management